|1 Hour 35 Minutes
Nutritional Facts ( Halloween Ghost Cheesecake)
Ingredients ( Halloween Ghost Cheesecake )
- 300g crème-filled chocolate sandwich biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
- 180g white mini marshmallows
- 50ml milk
- 500g full-fat soft cheese
- 200ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 200g caster sugar
- black writing icing or edible ink pen
READ ALSO: Halloween Brownies
Preparation ( Halloween Ghost Cheesecake )
- Pulse the biscuits until they are fine crumbs in a food processor. Pulse again to include the melted butter. Baking parchment should be used to line the side of a deep 20cm spring form or loose-bottomed cake tin. Use the back of a spoon to press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the tin. You should be able to press the mixture halfway up the side, but don’t worry if the edge is a little uneven — this will give the cheesecake a creepy jagged look. Chill it.
- In a saucepan placed over low-medium heat, combine the marshmallows and milk and whisk until the marshmallows have melted. Allow a few minutes for cooling.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine the soft cheese, cream, and vanilla essence. Mix in the still-warm marshmallow mixture until it’s completely smooth. Scrape the marshmallow cheesecake filling into the chilled biscuit base. Chill for at least two hours after smoothing the top. Keeps for up to a day in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 120 ° C. (100degree Celsius fan forced)/gas 1 and line a baking pan with parchment paper. With an electric whisk, whip the egg whites in a large, clean mixing bowl with a pinch of salt until fluffy — they should hold soft peaks when you lift out the beaters. 1 tablespoon at a time, beat in the sugar until it’s completely mixed and the meringue is thick, sparkly, and holds stiff peaks.
- Fill a piping bag halfway with meringue and a large round nozzle. Pipe tiny blobs of meringue ghosts by holding the nozzle directly above the lined tray. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, then cool.
- Use an icing pen to design faces on the meringues once they’ve cooled. Remove the cheesecake from the pan with care and place it on a plate or cake stand. Just before serving, drop the ghosts on top. Keeps for up to two days in the refrigerator.
READ ALSO: Halloween Chip n Dip
Spider Web Cake ( Halloween Ghost Cheesecake )
|1 Hour 15 Minutes