|Cooking Time||15-20 Minutes|
|Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
Ingredients ( Mummy Cookies )
- 1 ½ unsalted butter stick (room Temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour (310 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
READ ALSO: Halloween gummy worm Cake
- 12 oz white chocolate chips (265 g) divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 48 small candy eyeballs
Preparation ( Mummy Cookies )
- The cookies are best prepared at a temperature of 350°F (180°C). Put parchment paper on two baking sheets.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, and cream until fluffy, 2–3 minutes. Then, add the eggs and vanilla and beat for another 1–2 minutes, until creamy and fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda to a medium bowl and stir. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix on medium-low speed until combined, about 2–3 minutes. Make the dough firm enough to handle by refrigerating it for about 20 minutes.
- For a mummy body, roll 1–1½ tablespoons of cookie dough into a 3-inch-long carrot shape. For a head, roll some of the dough into a ½-inch-wide ball. Stick the head onto the wider end of the body. Once you have completed the first batch of dough, repeat the process to create an additional 24 mummies. Spread the cookies out evenly on the prepared trays, then chill in the freezer for 5–10 minutes.
- For best results, bake the cookies for 8–9 minutes, or until set and golden brown. Once cooked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Decorate the cookies: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine 16 ounces of white chocolate chips and 1½ tablespoons of coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until completely melted and smooth.
- With a fork, completely coat each cookie in the melted white chocolate. You can scrape any excess chocolate off of the cookie and the fork by scraping it against the bowl rim. Place the cookies back on the baking sheet. Let the chocolate harden in the refrigerator for 20–30 minutes.
READ ALSO: How to make Chilli Powder Substitute