Ingredients ( Halloween Cookies )
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Icing ( Halloween Cookies )
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Black food coloring
- Teal food coloring
- Orange food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Purple food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
Instructions ( Halloween Cookies )
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a separate large mixing bowl until creamy. Mix in the egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth, then gradually add the flour mixture until completely incorporated.
- Roll into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. 1 hour in the refrigerator
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ and line two baking sheets with parchment paper when you’re ready to roll. Roll out dough until it’s 1/8″ thick on a lightly floured work surface. Cut out shapes with a skull cookie cutter and place on baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 10 minutes (to ensure that your shapes stay put while baking!)
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until sides are lightly brown. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add powdered sugar, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract. Fill a piping bag with about a fourth of the frosting and a small round tip. Outline the cookie’s edges.
- Transfer roughly half of the leftover icing to a medium mixing bowl and thin with 1 teaspoon milk at a time until it reaches a proper flooding consistency. Fill another piping bag with the mixture and a small round tip. To completely fill cookies with frosting, pipe icing into the centres.
- Dye the remaining icing in six different colours: black, teal, orange, green, purple, and yellow.
- Fill separate piping bags with different colours and a small round tip, and draw artistic faces on cookies.
READ ALSO: Pumpkin Eggs Recipe from Recipeny