All Holle baby formulas are maximally close in terms of nutrients to human breast milk. You can give it to your baby right from birth, whether you need to fully replace breastfeeding or complement it for some reason.
While some other manufacturers claim their products are completely safe and provide an infant with exactly what it needs, they often add sugar, wheat, or gluten to their baby formulas. If you choose any Holle baby formula, you are guaranteed to get a gentle feeding for your baby’s sensitive digestive system. The Holle baby formulas are 99% organic and biodynamic and include the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Holle Baby Formulas Features
Let’s take a closer look at some features of Holle baby formulas:
- They are produced of organic components and with biodynamic milk from cows and goats raised on organic farming principles.
- These products are as close to human milk as possible in terms of vitamins and nutrients.
- They do not have any artificial additives or preservatives.
- The formula for newborns can be used right from birth and switched out with breastmilk.
Holle Baby Formulas Pros and Cons
As with any other product, the formulas for infants and kids from Holle have their benefits and drawbacks.
- The composition works gently enough for infants’ digestive system, preventing extra spitting up and constipation.
- Every formula is composed of organic ingredients. The milk comes from grass-fed animals that live on farms where they are treated humanely. Holle products for infants are 100% biodynamic and certified by Biolands.
- The brand also offers a goat-milk-based alternative Holle Goat Dutch Milk Formula, which is a perfect hypoallergenic option.
- The products’ smell and taste are not too overpowering.
- You can cut Holle’s formula when the baby is transitioning to food from the common table.
- The composition does not include soy, corn syrup, brown rice syrup, or other additives and preservatives.
- The brand has a Holle A2 Formula with A2 skimmed milk, which is often referred to as non-fat or low-fat. Skimmed milk has two forms: A1 and A2. The first one is more common and used by most manufacturers of baby formulas due to its lower price. However, it is known for being less safe for little ones. A2 form of skimmed milk is healthier and has a higher price, but it is also easier to digest and rarely causes bloating.
- US-based customers can only buy Holle formulas online.
- There are several different formula stages that you have to adhere to, contrary to having one set formula suitable for infants from birth to 10 or 12 months of age.
- Holle formulas do include maltodextrin and palm oil in the composition.
- These products have a higher price than formulas from other popular brands.
Always make sure to ask for your pediatrician’s baby formula recommendations.