The martini is one of America’s classic cocktails. It has an air of sophistication and class. In a “Farewell to Arms”, Ernest Hemingway wrote, “I’ve never tasted anything so cool and clean … They make me feel civilized”. The martini is also closely associated with Ian Fleming’s suave, debonair James Bond, who preferred them shaken, not stirred. The original martini uses gin and dry vermouth ( light on the vermouth, please) and is garnished with an olive or lemon twist. It’s simple, clean and delicious. Where did it come from? The origin of the martini is shrouded in mystery.
- Stockholm Östermalm
- A Guide to Food Photography in Dubai
- How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolution to Eat Healthier in 2023
- Best Burger Boxes. What to look for when Buying a Burger Box?
- Top Tips for Ensuring That Your Restaurant Dazzles Diners
- What Every Restaurant Owner Should Know About Equipment Leasing
- Indian Food and Restaurants
- Best Indian Restaurants in Europe